Astragalus root has been identified as one of the most powerful immune building plants on the planet. With the ability to help the body to fight stress and disease.
The 3 things it contains that allow such a positive outcome for the immune system are:
- Saponins (lower cholesterol and improve the immune system)
- Flavonoids (have antioxidative qualities and help to prevent against immunodeficiency viruses)
- Polysaccharides (have antimicrobial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory qualities)
Taking a regular supplement of astragalus root has been claimed to:
- Be anti –inflammatory
- Boost the immune system
- Protect the cardio-vascular system
- Contain antioxidative capabilities
- Heal wounds
- Treat colds and flu
Research on astragalus root discusses the potential cautions to the following populations, who are advised to seek medical guidance from their GP:
- Pregnant women/ mother and baby
- Those suffering with autoimmune disease
The root can be dried and used in tea or taken in a capsule or tablet. So don’t forget this little gem on your Autumn wish list!
Calorie control experts
MY Food are the experts in healthy food. We provide fresh, healthy diets delivered to your door anywhere in the UK. From ready-made bodybuilding meals to slimming meals delivered to you door. See great results soon, start now.
MY Food Lifestyle Ltd