Astragalus root has been identified as one of the most powerful immune building plants on the planet. With the ability to help the body to fight stress and disease.
The 3 things it contains that allow such a positive outcome for the immune system are:
- Saponins (lower cholesterol and improve the immune system)
- Flavonoids (have antioxidative qualities and help to prevent against immunodeficiency viruses)
- Polysaccharides (have antimicrobial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory qualities)
Taking a regular supplement of astragalus root has been claimed to:
- Be anti –inflammatory
- Boost the immune system
- Protect the cardio-vascular system
- Contain antioxidative capabilities
- Heal wounds
- Treat colds and flu
Research on astragalus root discusses the potential cautions to the following populations, who are advised to seek medical guidance from their GP:
- Pregnant women/ mother and baby
- Those suffering with autoimmune disease
The root can be dried and used in tea or taken in a capsule or tablet. So don’t forget this little gem on your Autumn wish list!