- Releases hormones T3 and T4, chemical messengers involved in regulating your metabolism, weight, energy levels, mood and hair!
- Releases hormones that influence other hormones such as stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline
- Is very important
Check out the recipe below for a thyroid boost! Courtesy of Mindbodygreen sharing it on behalf of functional doctor Taz Bhatia, in the article ‘The Best Snack You Should Eat Daily For Thyriod Health’:
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted Brazil nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup any gluten- and sugar-free cereal
- 2 teaspoons pink or iodized salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dark honey
In a bowl, combine brazil nuts, almonds, chocolate chips, cereal, salt and honey and mix all ingredients together. Portion out in half cup servings and eat one serving per day.