- Releases hormones T3 and T4, chemical messengers involved in regulating your metabolism, weight, energy levels, mood and hair!
- Releases hormones that influence other hormones such as stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline
- Is very important
Check out the recipe below for a thyroid boost! Courtesy of Mindbodygreen sharing it on behalf of functional doctor Taz Bhatia, in the article ‘The Best Snack You Should Eat Daily For Thyriod Health’:
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted Brazil nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup any gluten- and sugar-free cereal
- 2 teaspoons pink or iodized salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dark honey
In a bowl, combine brazil nuts, almonds, chocolate chips, cereal, salt and honey and mix all ingredients together. Portion out in half cup servings and eat one serving per day.
Calorie control experts
MY Food are the experts in healthy food. We provide fresh, healthy diets delivered to your door anywhere in the UK. From ready-made bodybuilding meals to slimming meals delivered to you door. See great results soon, start now.
MY Food Lifestyle Ltd